Wednesday 30 May 2007

Weird Dreams

I had like the weirdest dream ever.
It made no sense but I try to put the fragments together in some sensible order so that I can share my confusion with you.

SCENE #1: THE AIRPORT. The dream started at some Finnish airport assumedly, I was going home all alone. The airport was huuuuge, nothing like Helsinki-Vantaa, but more like three JFK's put together. I was waiting for my luggage when I suddenly saw some woman dragging my trolley very casually on an upper level. I panicked and yelled 'Hey! She just stole one of my bags!'. I ran like hell after her and tried to make it to the upper level but couldn't, all the escalators were headed down, not up... I felt sooo frustrated. And of course that was the bag with the coolest clothes.

SCENE #2. THE GARDEN. Then I remember being in some unidentifiable backgarden with my aunt Anne, my uncle Olli, and supposedly my family as well. I was telling them what it was like to be on exchange and mentioned something that surprised even myself in the dream - I was going on another exchange this autumn 'cos it was part of my degree.

SCENE #3: THE PERISHING DOG. The third scene was in some unknown shabby house, with ragged clothes and fabrics hanging everywhere. There were me, my mom and Lauri. And Cindy was suddenly there too, alive. As we know, dreams have different rules from the normal world, so it was sort of normal for dead people and animals to be reborn and die again after a while. Anyway, Cindy was there, withering and thin like a skeleton, probably close to dying again. In the dream I recalled another dream I had in February (so that was a dream within a dream, weird) where Cindy was shrinking and shrinking and in the end so tiny that she fell through the drain filter in our bathroom and disappeared forever.
Anyway, I got a brilliant idea and poured half a bottle of Salmiakki Koskenkorva (black salty liquorice vodka) into Cindy's mouth, wishing it would make her better :D But no, the booze just made her even sleepier (surprise), silmät vaan luppasi :( ...I panicked that she might die of the liquor, so we phoned the vet to come over. He came and assured me there was nothing to worry about, the dog is fine, and should she die of the booze, at least she'd die happily drunk.

SCENE #4: CRYING IN THE NIGHT. In the last scene the night had fallen, it was nearly pitch dark, and I tried to sleep in that shabby anonymous house but couldn't. I walked to the bed where Lauri was sleeping, woke him up and started crying that 'I cannot be here, I've got nothing to do here, I have nothing to cling to, why did I have to come here this early, why can't I be back in Glasgow!'

Then I woke up, glancing around suspiciously, wondering where the hell I am... and god, what a relief it was to realise I'm still here in Glasgow!

Dreams are so weird. At least this one didn't have much to do with reality 'cos:
a) I'm not going home alone but with Lauri and my parents after our tour
b) I have no intentions of going on another Erasmus exchange, I want to graduate asap (maybe a PhD abroad if I feel like pursuing an academic career, but that's not in near future)
c) we'll have a funeral for Cindy in July :(
d) I'm not all that distressed about going back home - of course it's reeeeally sad and depressing to say goodbye to people and Glasgow and this feeling and all this idleness, but... I've got a summer vacation waiting ;)

Still the dream left me with this gloomy and ominous feeling for the whole day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post will assist the internet users for setting
up new web site or even a blog from start to end.

My blog :: India Lead Generation

Anonymous said...

I got this web page from my pal who told me concerning this site and
at the moment this time I am browsing this site and reading very informative articles or
reviews here.

my webpage - 92343
My web page > clownery