Monday 7 May 2007

† Cindy 25.5.1991 - 5.5.2007 †



I was going to include this in the previous post but I thought Cindy deserves a post of her own. So this is sort of a continuation of 'Lazy Sundays' (see below).

The saddest bit about today was that my mum told me our beloved family member, Cindy, passed away yesterday at 10:20pm. I was jumping at Justin's gig the same time as our poor little dog took her last breaths :( I get so sad when I think about it so better not to. But of course I feel sad, she was a member of our family for the better part of my life, for 16 years! That's a long time! Still, in a way I feel sort of relieved, because Cindy was already getting blind, deaf and weak, and my parents were quite stressed out, what with all the caring for an old dog, carrying her around if she was too tired to walk, cleaning up after her if she had peed on a brand new mat, going home straight from work to take her out, etc, etc. 16 years is a good age for a little dog. She was so joyful and full of energy even in her old days - it was just the last two weeks that she got more and more tired. Poor little thing...

But I'll get through this. So many bad things have happened this spring that I've got used to dealing with it. Hehe. This is most difficult for my mum 'cos Cindy was such a big part of her daily routines. For me it's easier since I've lived apart for over 5 years now. But now that there's no Cindy anymore, I think we might be getting a little dog with Lauri asap :P

Nuku hyvin Cindy-rakas. Mamin kanssa on kiva leikkiä siellä jossakin missä nyt olette molemmat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Voih, ikävä kuulla Cindystä :(

Anonymous said...

Hei Laura
Hienon jutun olit Cindystä laittanut.
Hyvä sen on nyt pienen olla ja luonnon rauhaan Loelle sitten tulee "pötköttään "
Anne ja muut