Tuesday 30 January 2007

How to Nick a Crocodile

Once again, I'm suffering from a serious lack of sleep. The reason for this condition is, once again, last weekend, during which I slept an estimated total of 10 hours. That's not enough. My system needs at least 8 hours per night to function properly.

On Friday I learned how to nick a crocodile from a bar.
Before undertaking such a mission we had been at Anna-Riitta's place to celebrate her graduation (she finished her BA degree, hooray!) by indulging ourselves in Finnish crepes with strawberry jam and chocolate spread (expect to meet a 10kg fatter Laura by the end of the spring). We continued the night at Aussie Bar in the centre. Since it was Australia Day (sort of an independence day for Australia) the place was packed with Aussies wrapped in Foster’s flags and some Australian equivalent of cowboy hats. The bar was pretty crappy, but Gayathri and Prue found the decorations so funky that the following morning both of them woke up in bewilderment, wondering, 'Whatta f--- is that huge blow-up reptile doing on my floor'.


My own lettu.


Caught in the act!


I stayed in bed until two o'clock in the afternoon on Saturday, and managed to do absolutely nothing during the day, except for getting myself ready for the next party, which was to be held in Maija's flat.

That evening I drank a healthy amount of wine, which is the contents of one bottle, and found myself walking back home on my own at 5AM, concentrating hard on pressing my stomach and keeping the contents of the bottle inside instead of outside my digestive system. Not that it was the amount of alcohol – I was nearly sober by that time of the night – but my stomach stopped cooperating during the evening because of the crepes I'd had the previous day. Yeah, I know, you wouldn't want to swap bellies with me, but hey, that's my Achilles heel, and you might have something much worse, such as high blood pressure or a small weenie.

No worries, I got home safe and sound, since at an early point of my journey I realised that ok, it might be wiser to take a cab, even though I hadn't got a single penny left. However, my problem solving skills reached a peak at the moment I figured out I could ask the driver to take me to the nearest ATM first. I feel proud of myself for being able to work out such a neat solution.

On Sunday I stayed in bed until 3PM, and did absolutely nothing. It seems my to-do list just keeps growing longer and longer. Soon there's no way out of the to-do jungle.


PS: Mami is doing better, she even remembered I'm here in Glasgow and asked how I'm doing. Last week she couldn't even clutch her hand. There's a tough lady, I tell you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Laura :P Seems like you're having a great time. And good to hear that Mami is doing better!