Saturday 28 April 2007

Flowers and Bagpipes


That's a tree!

Bagpipes on a sunny day out of my bedroom window. Where else can you hear that? Nowhere. That's one thing I love about Scotland. There are plenty of other things. Like the fact that I don't know the country so well that I'd know what beyond those hills I see looming in the south when I walk to the Uni. That never happens in Finland - or if it does, I'm not even interested what's beyond those hills, EXCEPT that if I'm in Lapland or some other adorable place.

There's one thing I hate though: the fact that I have to write an essay on a warm cloudless day! That wouldn't be a problem if I was in Australia, for example, 'cos you'd know there are warm days to come. But in Scotland you should make the most of all the sunshine you get. I hate studying. I HATE STUDYING. I have to finish my university studies as soon as I can and move on. It's my fifth year so it's about time (as all the Finns know, in Finland you build your own timetable and you can study as much as you like, provided that you have gained the right to study in an entrance exam). I think the Uni has nothing to give me anymore. I want to test me teaching skills already. To test my perseverance with kids and teenagers. It's about time. That's one thing I've learned here - there are plenty more, but I'll leave that for later, 'cos now I have to get started with analysing the symbolism in Galloway's novel *a bitter smiley*

But lo'! Here are the flowery pictures I promised!


A view from Kelvin Way towards Kelvingrove Art Gallery, on my way to Uni.


A statue in Kelvingrove Park.


Our campus looks like a tiny village from the Middle Ages, doesn't it?


Chilling out on campus.


Having a break with Petra, the University Library on the background.

Isn't it nice here? I LOVE SPRING :)))))

No comments: