Friday 16 February 2007

The Road to Uni

Yes yes yes! Wheehee! I found hiking boots today! I won't die this weekend! I won't fall over a cliff! I won't break my bones! I won't twist my ankle!

...which is nice.

I even got a map, a route planner, a whistle, a first aid kit, some plasters and some paracetamol. And most importantly, a pack of earplugs if some bastard snores. I should be fine now.

I wish the weather is going to be allright. It's hasn't been raining for ages (well, today was rainy, but anyway). I just hope we get to see some mountain tops.

I just realised I haven't added any pics of the uni and my surroundings here, except for my home street. Because I don't have much to write about, I might as well post them now. So here we are:


This is where Kelvin Way begins, the road I walk every day to the Uni...


...past Kelvingrove Art Gallery...



...and Kelvingrove Park...


...and back home again, to the opposite direction.



And all the way there, this is what I see, the facade of the University Main Building basking in sunlight. Quite impressive, huh?

If you want to have good views over Glasgow, walk to the top floor of the University Library. This is what you'll see:

That's the north-eastern part of my home town. Notice the appalling tower blocks.

To finish this post, let's add one of my very first pics here, the University clock tower by night:

Wasn't I right about the Harry Potter associations? ;)

Ok, I'm off, have a nice weekend, where ever you are! :)
I'll get back to you on Sunday, hopefully with loads of stunning photos of the Highlands!

No comments: